Set Sail | Julep May 2015

Wednesday 10 June 2015

in

Julep's May collection was called "Set Sail" celebrating adventure, travel, and all things nautical. Add to that a new eyeshadow release (Feels Like Velvet) and some new Plush Pouts (renamed "Its Balm") and it is by all accounts a miracle that I only ordered two things.


If there are two things I love in a lip product, it is a crayon format and an orange-red shade.  This crayon has a bit more pink to it than I usually go for.  Renamed from Plush Pout to It's Balm (Plush Pout), this product has a better formula than the original release.   Electric Coral is a stunning, summer shade that looks fantastic with bronzer if I do say so myself.   I expected something a bit more orange from the photos, but in real life it is more of a true coral.  My only complaint with this bold colour is that it applies a bit patchy because of the balmy core.  To get around this I usually apply either a few coats, or if I have the time, use a lip brush.  (Don't mind my chipping nail polish).


I ordered Feels Like Velvet in Sequins and Showtime.  Showtime, the purple shadow, is a great crease colour that is easy to build and very flattering with minimal fallout.  I find Sequins to have more fallout.  I prefer this shadow for my lid.  As a highlighter for the brow bone and/or inner corner it is not the best choice.  Hard to put my finger on why, I just generally prefer something lighter and more luminous rather than something glittery.  Makes sense?  Speaking of glitter, where Showtime is a buttery smooth satin, Sequins is all of that plus glitter fallout (so much potential).

Now, onto the packaging.  Julep really did out do themselves this time.  The compact has a nice weight to it.  Simple, black and square, there is a good quality mirror on the inside of the compact.  I wish I could order this in more colour combos, but I just don't really care for the other pairings.  *Crosses fingers for a new release with lighter, more neutral shades*



Showtime, Sequins, Electric Coral


Electric Coral with bronzer on my face.  So much summer!



Now, here's a look I can wear all summer long!

It's Balm (Plush Pout) retails for $20 USD/ $16 USD Maven Price.
Feels like Velvet retails for $20 USD/$16 USD Maven Price.

If you decide to sign up for Julep Maven I would appreciate it if you were to use my referral.  That way we both benefit, and I can review more products on my blog!

What did you order in your May Maven box? xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment