ipsy | April 2015

Thursday 16 April 2015

in

The theme for this month's ipsy bag is "Beautifully Bohemian", but they might as well of called it "Cochella".  I am pretty far from being anything close to a Cochella fan (more of a Cape Cod girl myself!), but I love my ipsy bag this month!  I started off not terribly excited, but after getting to test out each of my products I am more than pleasantly surprised.  Before we get into what actually came in my bag, let's just admire the fact that the (pretty) bag is actually a usable size for normal grown up things.  I have really enjoyed their trend away from bags fit for a four year old, and am thrilled that this bag is a useful size. I'm thrilled.  And I haven't even opened it yet.



I can completely see myself tossing some sunscreen and facial sunscreen, my keys and some cash in this little bag, and then slipping it in my beach bag.  This is colourful, tasteful, and fun!


How beautiful are those contents?

The first item I opened was a mini lipstick by Gallany Cosmetics in "Petal".  I have never heard of this brand before, but the size, formula, and colour are all wonderful.  This fits into my preferred plummy-rose family of lipsticks perfectly.  The nude coloured product is an eyeshadow primer by Mica.  I was not too excited to get another Mica product, but I am happy that it is not another loose powder.  Loose powder just does not work on me! Upon testing it I determined that I was happy with the quality of this product.  I was most curious by the Mullien & Sparrow Lip & Cheek Tint.  I love the sweet orange scent and have enjoyed wearing it as a lip balm.  They say it can also be a cheek product, but I think I will take a pass.  The Julie G nail colour in Damsel is perfectly fine.  I will not be testing it as I plan to pass it on to a family member.  I think I have enough nail polish to last a lifetime!  Finally, the item in the bag that I was the most excited about theBalm NUDE Dude Eyeshadow Single in "Fit".  I have heard nothing but good things about this brand, and I love the retro-chic packaging.  Fit is a stunning copper-rose gold that blends like a dream.  Some ipsy subscribers got "Flirty" instead.  Honestly, they both look stunning.


A close up of theBalm Fit.  Love the packaging & the product!


Close up of Mullein & Sparrow's lip & cheek tint.  Again, beautiful packaging!


Gallany "Petal", Mullien & Sparrow Lip & Cheek Tint Mica Eyeshadow primer, theBalm Fit swatched over Mica Eyeshadow primer (top) and over skin (bottom).

While I love everything in my bag this month, including the bag(!!!), I am the most excited about theBalm "Fit" eyeshadow.  It blends like a dream, and after seeing it over primer *swoon*.  I am only a little tiny bit disappointed that I did not get a Too Faced Melted Lipstick because they had this great contest to win a bunch of them but only those who received the mini in their bag could enter.  Also, I really love the To Faced Melted formula.  However, at the end of the day I got five really beautiful items to try, and most of them I would not have picked myself!  

What was your favourite item in your ipsy bag this month?

p.s.  did you hear?  ipsy just hit 1 000 000 subscribers!  Crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment