Review | Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in "Light"

Tuesday 14 April 2015

in

For the longest time I ignored the other seven or so primer options that Smashbox has, in favour of their original clear primer.  However as proof that samples actually do work, I received a deluxe mini sample of this product a few month back, and fell in love.  Now, it took me a month or two to actually open the product, but when I did I was impressed how it married the smooth texture of the original with the lightweight feel of my preferred mineral primers.  Breaking my No-Buy rule on primer, I purchased this the other day.  (I have a self-imposed No-Buy because of all the free samples I have lying around).  Keep reading to learn about why I love this product so much!  Plus, I will be sharing a money saving tip at the end of this post!



This (fantastic) primer is just as smoothing as its more popular, original sister, but with less of a heavy silicone feel.  I tend to prefer mineral primers (such as Hourglass Mineral Veil), but some foundations call for a silicone based primer.  The beauty about this primer is that it is actually water based, but has a silicone feel.  This primer is intended for oily and acne prone skin.  Thankfully my skin is pretty normal, but I still love this product!  Once I have finished up all my samples of the original I will be picking up a full size bottle of this magic stuff. 


Swatched on my hand it is a milky white gel.


However once smoothed out it is clear like any other primer.  It helps my foundation last, and feels light on my skin.  I actually prefer this product to the original!

Moral of the story?  When a popular product comes in several variations, don't be afraid to test them out too! 

Pro money saving tip: You can purchase this product in travel size (0.5oz) for $19 or in full size (1 oz) for $44. This means that you could purchase two travel sized primers for $38 and get 1 oz of product, saving you $6.  Plus, if shelling out $44 every time you need primer is a bit steep, you can spread out your purchases.  Once I can't squeeze any more out of the tube I always cut it open and scrape out what I can.

What do you think of this product?  How do you save money on your make-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment