Sunday | Get To Know Me

Sunday 12 April 2015

in


I came across this little get to know you quiz this afternoon at The Cosmetic Critic and decided to modify it a bit.  I don't really feel up to tagging a bunch of people-- but if you want to answer these questions I would love to see your answers!  I am just on a train right now and am out of Netflix to watch.  The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmit was a lot of fun to watch.  I basically binge watched it!




1. How did you pick your blog’s name?

It was actually quite a process!  I didn't want to use anything that sounded overdone (aka using the word "beauty" or "blog").  I wanted something that sounded pretty, and that could be related to make-up, but that left me with room to grow if I decided to write about other things.  In the end, I decided on "Classy On The Run" because I always aspire to look classy, and to live a classy lifestyle.  In addition, I am usually crazy super busy, so I wanted to marry my classy aspirations and my busy lifestyle.  Hence, Classy on the Run.

2. Beauty product you can’t live without.

Smashbox Halo Powder.  Seriously, that stuff leaves the prettiest finish for my foundation!  I have been using it for years, and have probably used up six or seven full sized powders.

3. What did you study in post secondary education (or plan to)?

I am studying/studied Political Science.  I say "studying" because I have one exam left, and "studied" because I am totally suffering Senior-itis and am basically done.

4. Favourite place you’ve ever traveled to.

My very favourite place that I have ever travelled is Ireland.  I loved getting to travel to the country that my grandfather immigrated from, and to get to experience where part of my family is from.  They people were so warm and generous, and the scenery was stunning.  To top it all off, I was fortunate enough to travel with my boyfriend!

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go? Why?

I would love to travel to Ukraine (for the same reasons that I went to Ireland), however with the ongoing issues in the region it would be much safer to stay away.  Egypt or Turkey would be quite an experience!  I would also love to go to Croatia.  Can I just win the lottery and travel to all of the places?

6. When procrastinating, what are you usually doing?

Instagram, Snapchat, Plants vs. Zombies 2. Lololololol

7.What did you want to be when you were a child?

At one point I wanted to be a fairy princess veterinarian with hair down to my feet.  I regret to inform my dear readers that I am in fact not a fairy princess.  I did manage to grow my hair to my hips.  I will never become a veterinarian, but I do have a dog.  Eventually I recalibrated my aspirations and am pleased to say that I am now living my dream and am very happy with where I am at career-wise.

8.What are your favourite books? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

My taste in books is pretty dry.  I mentioned that I study/studied Political Science?  Yeah well I enjoyed reading books such as Blue Thunder, The War That Ended Peace, and Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin.

So let's talk about where I want to be in 5 years.  In 5 years I would like to own either a small home or a nice condo.  I would like to be married.  I wouldn't mind ifI was expecting my first child.  I would like to be working

9. What's a beauty regime you rarely do?

I am the worst at regularly doing face masks!  And I have so many to use up.

10.What is one thing you love about where you live?

I love how many things there are to do and enjoy in Toronto.  There are so many unique little pockets of the city to visit, and so many unique restaurants to grab food.  The Danforth, Yorkville, The Distillery District, and The Annex are a few of my favourite places to spend an afternoon in.  I love how unique each little community is.

11.What is your best/unique beauty tip?

Best less is more.

Unique use a credit card to help guide your contouring to get a more defined look.

I would love to learn a bit about you guys!  xoxo happy Sunday




No comments:

Post a Comment