Toronto...For Beauty Lovers

Monday 22 May 2017

in
toronto cherry blossom photo

Recently one of my friends from Ottawa (hi Sabrina! I know you're reading this!) reached out to my for recommendations of things to do in Toronto for beauty lovers. Based in Ottawa, she is in Toronto for work but is trying to carve out some time to explore the city between meetings. Add to that the fact that Generation Beauty is quickly approaching, and I know we will have lots of ladies (and gentlemen!) in town, looking for their beauty fix. Keep reading to see my suggestions!

If you would like a more general guide to the city please leave a comment down below and I would be happy to come up with some suggestions! If you happen to be curious, I took that photo a few weeks ago in Trinity Bellwoods Park.

Visit North America's Largest Sephora

Toronto is home to North America's largest Sephora. Located right at the corner of trendy Yonge & Eglinton (also simply known as Yonge & Eg) this Sephora has it all. From brands that can be harder to find in other locations to a big bright and clean layout... Plus, if you spend $75 you can get a free 60 minute facial service including a peel or mask and (my favourite) hydrating oxygen treatment. If you can I would suggest booking ahead on that one. Hard to find brands include black Up (which offers products in an impressive range of shades and undertones for customers with darker skin tones), Tom Ford, and many, many more!

To get to this location from downtown just hop on the subway on the Yonge line and get off at Eglinton. Follow the signs to the Yonge Eglinton centre. If you get lost just follow the crowd to outside and once you are at the intersection Sephora is on the North-West corner. You won't miss it!

As a Torontonian I try my best to avoid Sephora at the Eatons Centre.  It is usually crowded, hard to get staff attention, and generally stressful. I shop the most at Sephora on Bloor (at Bay & Bloor) and they also have a great location, big, bright and airy space and loads of product selection.

Design Your Custom Lipstick At The Bite Beauty Lab

A post shared by Classy On The Run (@alanna.victoria) on

Have you ever had a lipstick that was just a tiny bit too pink, or too brown, or too red, or too bright, or wish it was matte? Bite is here to help. And by help I mean solve the problem for a bit of a hefty fee. For $55 (Custom) for 1 or $80 for two you can pick one of their 200 premade colours, and then add the scent and finish you would like. For $150 (Bespoke) for two lipsticks you can design the colour, scent and finish. Over the winter my friend and I opted for the Bespoke experience. She designed two different browns she had dreamed up while I made the perfect nude and a deep wine shade. We had a blast. I would love to do this again, one day, for a special occasion!

I recommend booking an appointment in advance which you can do here. To get here just hop on the Queen West street car. If you are coming from downtown get off at the Palmerston stop and then keep walking west about half a block. Or you can be lazy like me and take an uber.

Design Your Custom Palette At Inglot

Raise your hand if you have ever bought an eyeshadow palette only to use the same four shades over and over and over again? For me that would be the champagne shimmer, matte mid-toned brown, the darker brown and the shimmery golden shade. Inglot gives you the chance to custom design your own palette. With an impressive range of eyeshadows, lipsticks, brow products, and face powders you won't be able to fit everything you want in one place! My only advice... don't mix creams and powders. It never ends well!

You can read about my first Inglot experience back in 2014 here! And my Inglot palette here.

Inglot is located at Yonge & Dundas (right across from the Eatons Centre). (Dundas Station if you are taking the subway!)

Play Interior Designer At H&M Home



I'm not going to say that H&M at the Eatons Centre (Dundas Station again) is the only location that carries home products... but it is one of the few! The Home section is stunning both for those looking to spruce up their home, and for beauty bloggers looking for new props!

Go To The Bay

Located at Yonge & Queen (Queen Station) is a big, beautiful Hudson's Bay location. This location includes a huge (I think its actually the biggest "beauty department" in Canada) beauty department, Klienfields Canada, and clothing at the midrange and higher end price points. Right next door (they share the space!) is Saks Fifth Ave. Go forth and window shop! (Or actually shop!). They carry one of my favourite dress designers, ElizaJ.

Visit a MAC Pro Store 

Head over to MAC on Bloor (Bay & Bloor, Bay Station) and have all your MAC hopes and needs fulfilled at the pro store.

NORDSTROMMMMM



This store is basically an obsession of mine. If you are looking for a fancy view, head over to Nordstrom at the Eatons Centre (Dundas Station) and sit down for lunch in their cafe overlooking the mall. They also have a Charlotte Tilbury counter in their cosmetics department. You're welcome.

Have A Perfect Spa Day

A post shared by Elmwood Spa (@elmwoodspa) on


My favourite spa in the city is Elmwood Spa. I wish I had my own pictures to share with you, but like any good spa they don't let you take photos in the pool area. If you book a massage or facial be sure to come in at least an hour early to enjoy the steam rooms, pools and hot tub.

Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With Bobbette & Belle


With two locations (Queen Street East and Yonge & Lawrence) to satisfy both your sweet tooth and your Instagram needs, Bobbette and Belle has all of the pretty things!

Brunch At Colette Grand Cafe

A post shared by Colette Grand Café (@colettetoronto) on

I have never seen a restaurant better designed for Instagram. Big, well lit, airy, and so many insta-worthy details. Located just west of downtown, a streetcar ride (or uber!) will get you there with no fuss. I hear the brunch is fantastic!

I hope that helps any beauty lovers who are Toronto bound over the coming months! I would love your suggestions in the comments.

Deciem 

Deciem has four locations in Toronto (Yorkville, Cabbage Town, Kensington). I personally have never shopped with them or been to one of their stores (no real reason... I just haven't) but I have heard great things!

I hope that this post helps you with your trip to Toronto! And for my Toronto based readers, maybe it has given you a few ideas of things to do this summer! #the6ix

No comments:

Post a Comment