July Ipsy Spoilers and Wish List

Friday 27 June 2014

in
I will be updating this post as spoilers are released so check back!

I was an Ipsy subscriber last year and while I enjoyed being a member, near the end I found brands repeated and repeated, and low quality items creeping in.  One of the reasons that I left was that I had received Be a Bombshell products for a few months in a row and was not impressed by their quality.  I was also a bit overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of samples I was receiving and felt that I did not have the time to enjoy what was coming my way.  I have since cancelled Top Box, and now an subscribed to Ipsy, Julep, and Luxebox.  Ipsy has 3 months to impress me-- if not, I'll cancel again.

To judge IPSY it must earn an overall score of 12/18 with each sample and bag being worth 1 point.  Its simple.  If I like the bag, it gets 1 point.  Each sample that I like, or will use will get 1 point.  Each sample I dislike, or will re-gift gets no points.  Each month is worth 6 points (1 bag + 5 products).  In essence, it needs to earn a score of 4/6 per month.  Foil samples will automatically get 0 points because they have no place in a bag I am paying for.

Wish List

Bag -  Something nautical, or turquoise

1. Bare Minerals BB Cream Eyeshadow in Soft Shell or Divine Wine.
2. Hang 10 Dark Tanning Oil
3. Benefit They're Real Mascara
4. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm
5. Marrakesh Endz Split End Mender or Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray (I have the full sized and I like it!)

My Anti-Wish List

Things I really don't want

1. Pop Beauty pressed powder, looks like it could be a shimmery bronzer
2. Models Own Splash Collection Nail Polish (possibly in Red Sea)
3. Nailtini Nail Polish (based on their website it looks like Mango Rita)


Let's do this!

Spoiler #1 - Bare Minerals






I would be happy with either one of these (assuming not a hideous colour).  The purple shadows are a safe bet for me, but I would be really interested in trying the BB Cream Eyeshadow.  It seems that there will be one colour of eyeshadow, and 2 colours of the BB Cream Eyeshadow.

Spoiler #2 - Sun Care



Option 1 - Hang 10 Dark Tanning Oil
Option 2 - Pur-lisse Sunscreen

There is nothing fun or exciting about getting sun care products.  Useful?  Yes.  But fun?  Not really.  I have tried Pur-lisse samples before and I wasn't really swayed one way or the other.  I've never tried Hang 10.  This looks quite similar to samples I saw last month, but since I haven't been subscribed for a while either would be new to me.  I'm interested to see if, as a pale person, I get sunscreen to keep me pale and not burnt, or if I get the tanning oil because I am pale and need a tan.  Not too excited about either, but the tanning oil would be fun!

Spoiler #3 - 2 of these Assorted Goodies



Top Left: Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm, Benefit They're Real Mascara

Top Right:  Elizabeth Mott Tints & Sass Lip Tint, Pür Minerals Big Look Waterproof Mascara 

Bottom Left:  Lord and Berry Smudgeproof Eyeliner, and a nail polish.  Not sure on the brand.

Bottom Right: Pop Beauty pressed powder, looks like it could be a shimmery bronzer, Models Own Splash Collection Nail Polish (possibly in Red Sea) and a Nailtini Nail Polish (based on their website it looks like Mango Rita)

Spoiler #4 - 1 of These Assorted Goodies



From Left to Right:

Dermae BB Crème, Befine Daily Moisturizer, faith Aromatherapy Citrus/Ginger lotion, Marrakesh Endz Split End Mender, Sexy Hair Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray, unknown nail polish, Lavilin Jojoba Skin Soothers Gel Creme, and maaaaaaaybe an additional unknown spray at the far back right.


Spoiler #5 - The Bag


Ahh this is adorable!  It reminds me of a pink, scalloped postage stamp.  Not the nautical look I had in mind, and not as classy as last month, but this little bag is cute!  


No comments:

Post a Comment