Shoppers Haulin'

Tuesday 10 June 2014

in
When I was a kid I thought Shoppers Drug Mart was an old lady store.  Oh man was I wrong!  It sells high end makeup, regular makeup, a plethora of shampoo and conditioner, food, gift cards, everything! Best thing ever is buying groceries, racking up points on promotions, and redeeming poitns for Dior, Smashbox, and Stila make up <3

Annnnnnywas Shoppers also has this habit of letting you think you are picking up a few necessities and then walking out with a $50 bill.


John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder $12
Baléa Cleansing Oil $6
Quo Make-Up Remover Wipes $10 (sale)
Essie Blanc and Marshmellow $9 each
Total: $46+ tax


Baléa Cleansing Oil 

I wanted to love this product to badly.  Really, I wanted to love it.  I have sampled some different cleansing oils from Sephora over the last month (I have almost narrowed down the one I want!) that tend to run in the $50 a bottle range.  But when I saw this bottle for only $5.99 I thought I would give it a shot before I took the plunge.  

While it did not make me break out, and indeed left my skin feeling soft and clean, it was impossible to take off.  It felt like I put pure olive oil on my face, and then tried to remove it with water.  It felt heavy. I followed the instructions to a T, but to no avail.  It took a good 10 minutes to get it off and even then I didn't feel like it came off.  I had a bath, and after that it felt like it was all gone.

Conclusion:  I will be returning this at the first chance I get.  I am so unimpressed by this product its not even funny.  Save the money and get pure olive oil, or go get some nice stuff at Sephora.


John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder 

Every summer I buy a bottle of this stuff.  It is formulated with Lemon and Chamomile and designed to turn your hair lighter.  I find it works pretty well.  Every week or so on a sunny day I spritz some through my hair and then I let it do its thing.  The top of my hair goes naturally blonde in the summer so this just helps even it out.  It has a weird lemon-chemical scent that goes away after a bit.  I don't find it bothersome.  

This product is not recommended for those with darker hair-- read the instructions as it is permeant.  Personally, I buy a new bottle every summer because I don't want to risk what could happen if the spray ages or ferments.  Better safe than sorry!


Quo Make-Up Remover Wipes

For the last few months I have used the Olay wipes, but I think I will stick with Quo for the next little bit.  These smell nice, and are moisturizing!  I love the vitamin E in here.  Also a huge fan of the plastic  opening.  They are a reasonable price, and often come with bonus points!

As for the Essies, I picked up Blanc which is an opaque white for French Tips.  Marshmellow is a sheer white which I bought on a bit of a whim because I had some sort of nail art idea.  

What are your favourite Shoppers purchases?  



No comments:

Post a Comment