Luxe Box: Summer 2014

Monday 2 June 2014

in
Luxe Box is one of my favourite boxes.  I have always been satisfied with my box, and I look forward to it every season.  The only thing I would change is that they release their upgrade boxes sporadically rather than all at once.  This means that you risk upgrading for a box you like, and missing out on a box you love.

That aside, I usually don't upgrade because the boxes are so nice anyways.

This month has some interesting upgrade options!

They range in price, and you can only order one.  Some how I missed the BaubleBar email.  I love their products but I just can't get myself to pay their shipping charges.  If I could, I would have ordered the pink one.  The Butter London gift is also quite nice, but with all my incoming Julep orders I just don't need it.


Hawaiian Punch Upgrade +$6 SOLD OUT


  • Nicole by OPI | Something About Spring Nail Lacquer (3.75 mL)
    • Hot Pink nail polish, full sized
  • Teeez | Eve’s Ready to Wear Lipstick in “Cocktail Shock Pink” (Full Size)
  • Teeez | Island Palette Eyeshadow in “Beach Glow” (Full Size)
  • Barefoot Venus | Coconut Kiss Macadamia Oil Hand Cream (60 mL)
  • Eslor | Introductory Collection (4 x 5 mL)
  • Nexxus | Color Assure Sulfate-Free System (2 x 5 mL, 1 x 9 mL)
  • Loose Button | Angled Tweezers (Full Size)




Summer Vows Upgrade +$6
  • Nicole by OPI | Sweet Surrender (3.75 mL)
    • Baby pink nail polish, full sized
  • Eyeko | Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner in “Black” (1.18 mL)
  • Teeez | Spectrum of Stars Eyeshadow in “Vanilla Sunbeam” (Full Size)
  • Crabtree & Evelyn | Ultra-Moistuising Hand Therapy (25 mL)
  • Hanae Mori | Butterfly (4 mL)
  • Nexxus | Youth Renewal Elixir (4 mL)
  • DERMAdoctor | KP Duty Moisturizing Therapy (30 mL)
  • English Laundry | Notting Hill Eau de Parfum for Him (5 mL)
Anchors Away Upgrade +$4
  • Nicole by OPI | I Shop Mintage (3.75 mL)
    • Mint green nail polish, full sized
  • Joseph Nogucci | IRIS Glass Beads (2 Beads) *Pandora compatible
  • Teeez | Mysterious Crystal Eyeliner in “Lovely Lapis Lazuli” (Full Size)
  • 4 to 5 top surprise summer picks by our Beauty Editors
I am almost tempted by the Anchors Away box.  I love nautical styled things however this box doesn't seem on trend for "nautical" for me.  I love mint polish, and I am sure that the navy eyeliner is nice, but they don't scream "nautical" to me.  I picture a nice red-orange matte lipstick, and clean, natural eyes.  Also, what's up with the beads?  No thank you.

Knowing that regular Luxebox boxes often contain items in the special boxes, here is my wish list:

  • Teeez | Spectrum of Stars Eyeshadow in “Vanilla Sunbeam” (Full Size)
  • Crabtree & Evelyn | Ultra-Moistuising Hand Therapy (25 mL) OR
  • Barefoot Venus | Coconut Kiss Macadamia Oil Hand Cream (60 mL)
  • Nicole by OPI | I Shop Mintage (3.75 mL)
  • Pink BaubleBar (A girl can dream!!)
I can't wait to see what arrives!  What are you keeping your fingers crossed for?



The pink BaubleBar that wasn't.

I customer service to see if there were any BaubleBars left.  Unfortunately there weren't, but the nice lady offered me a one time exception to upgrade to the sold out Butter London set.  For $9 I figured why not!  I still get my usual 7-8 items, and the Butter Londons could make a nice gift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment