Destash the Bathroom

Tuesday 3 February 2015

in

Happy Tuesday everybody!

Late last night I got home from a weekend away visiting my boyfriend.  After a delayed train ride, and no cabs a the station when I arrived, I finally arrived home an hour and a half later than I should have.  Needless to say I had a quick warm shower, and proceeded to fall asleep in a little ball in my bed.



This weekend I had much to be proud of, much to be happy about, and much to celebrate.  Though, my favourite moment of it all was cuddling on the couch, playing cribbage and eating pasta with my boyfriend.

When I got up this morning I decided to tackle something that had been bothering me lately: the sheer amount of old, probably rancid products lurking in my family's bathroom.

While this small destash only represents the beginning, I have been making a concerted effort to use up my half used shampoo bottles, get to the end of my mostly finished body washes, and throw out the products that I likely will never use again.

Today I tossed out seven products.  Some had a special smell, others I recalled using religiously in high school.  For somebody who graduates her undergraduate degree this spring, this is unacceptable. Other products I haven't used in at least two years.  Let's be honest, if I haven't used it in two years, why would I start now?

Are there any areas of your beauty collection that you are planning to destash?  Let me know how it goes!

3 comments:

  1. ALL areas of my life need destashing. I am continuing to work to use things up as well as pass things onto family and friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like once I destash one area, another stash has piled up! I am really trying my best to use way more than I buy this year.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for you to destash! I always feel so much bettter when I get rid of things and start cleaning. I would love to start clearing out my hair care products, especially since I don't use a lot of them...

    ReplyDelete