December | My First Glossybox

Wednesday 28 January 2015

in


Christmas time was a very exciting news in the Canadian beauty box subscription world.  Not only did Birchbox enter the Canadian market, but so did Glossybox! I always wanted to try Glossybox because it always seemed well curated, and full of full sized products.  This box retails for $21 for Americans and $28 for Canadians.  This box is a bit pricy, but so far the value is there for me!



This box comes with a nice card that outlines a bit about each item and their values.  The card also includes "tips", but I find them to be pretty basic.


First view!


Tony&Guy Leave In Conditioner
Full Size $16.99

I was really excited to get this item in my box because while I have heard a lot about this brand I have never actually tried it.  This is a pretty nice leave in conditioner .  I like that it tames my frizz.  I usually use a product like this after I shower to help tame my hair into a pony tail.  I like this product, but it will be a while before I get around to using it regularly as I have a few similar products on the go.  

Nuxe Masque Crème Fraîche De Beauté
Full Size $32

I think this was the best item I received in this box.  It is super hydrating and calming, which is perfect for fighting winter skin concerns!  I've used this a few times now, and am really happy with it.

Rituals Cosmetics Miracle Scrub in Ginseng & Ginkgo Biloba
Full Size $17

Booooo.  I am very allergic to ginseng so I won't tempt fate by trying this out.  I will be passing this onto my mom or to a friend!  It looks like a lovely product though.


Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment
Full Size - Free gift for joining

I will not include this product in the total value as it was an add on for signing up before a certian date.  This is a pretty rose coloured lip crayon that has a good staying power.  I was pretty pumped that it was a Tarte product, as I have been really digging that brand lately.

Ciaté Mini Paint Pot in All Aglow
Full Size $10

I've never purchased one of these nail polishes before because they are tiny, but it was a nice inclusion.  This polish is a bronze glitter with pretty decent coverage. Also, how cute is that bottle?

Bellápierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque
Full Size $19.99

Not a huge fan of this brand.  I have tried it before in other beauty boxes.  However, this lipstick is a pretty, festive colour that will get some use in the winter.

Thoughts

Total Value $95.98 USD + Tarte product

I really enjoyed this box.  I found it to be well curated.  I like that all of the items were full size, and I think I will get use out of almost all of the items.  Except for the ginseng scrub because I am crazy allergic to ginseng and it just isn't worth the risk.  But I don't blame Glossybox-- it is a niche allergy, and they wouldn't have known!  I am going to try emailing them and see what happens, but I don't expect anything.  I can't wait for next month's box!

If you are interested in signing up for Glossybox I would love it if you would use my referral code!

No comments:

Post a Comment