Julep | January 2015 "The Chrysalis Collection"

Thursday 22 January 2015

in
I was so excited for this Julep box to arrive for two reasons!  One, the Orbital eyeshadow.  And two, the Metamorphic topcoat.  I was really excited about this box, and it did not disappoint!


Julep Oxygen Nail Treatment (Ivory), Hand Scrub, Nail decals, Luxe Lip (Sheer Plum), Orbital Eyeshadow (Borealis),  Shelly, Phyllis, Luna, Chatoya (Last month), Margit, Bjork




Product card


Margit - It applied as more of a taupe shimmer, but shortly there after was more of a "greige".  To be honest, I don't love it as much as I thought I would.  

Shelly - Love this bright blue.  I wore it as a winter blue, but I can see it translating well into the spring. Easy to use formula, no streaks, even after one coat!

Phyllis - Just like Shelly, but in pink!  A seriously beautiful colour.

Luna - I wanted to love Luna, but its very gloopy and doesn't set well.

Bjork - It completely transforms a dark colour, but is really more of a shimmering top coat on lighter colours.


Oxygen Nail Treatment in Ivory - I like this better than the original!  I find it more subtle and sheer than the pink version.   The formula is also smoother.  I wore it for a few days and I found my nails smother and stronger.

Orbital Eyeshadow in Borealis - This peacock shadow has a strong teal lean.  I wore it in my crease last weekend, and wow.

Luxe Lip in Sheer Plum - I'm not crazy about this product.  The tint doesn't really show up.  It feels grainy on my lips and it smells like plastic.  I like the cooling applicator.  I like the results when I wake up in the morning.  But over all?  Not my favourite.  


Orbital Eyeshadow in Borealis


Swatched!


Wearing Borealis on the crease.  Loved how buildable it was!


Bonus for taking 3 or more add-ons: Hand Scrub

What did you think of this Julep box? xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment