Five Acts of Kindness

Tuesday 12 August 2014

in
Yesterday I was walking to work when I came across a family of tourists.  These people flew all the way across the world to enjoy some of the beautiful things in Canada. The sights I take for granted every moment they wanted to see so much that they came here.  The family (mom, dad, children and grandma) was posing for a photo, taken by Dad.  I asked them if they would like a photo together and excitedly they said yes.  After taking just a moment of my time to click a button and line up a photo I gave them back their camera and they thanked me profusely and mentioned how kind Canadians were.  

I don't share this story to show what a great person I am.  But this little action of kindness on my part now means that family has a photo of everybody, having fun on vacation.  Imagine how special that will be to those children one day.

Every day we have an opportunity to be kind to others, and to show that we are beautiful inside and out.  We won't always be recognized for that kindness, and that's fine, because we know we did it.

I went in to work that morning with a smile, and I'm sure it lasted all day.  I've brainstormed a little list of five ways we can be kind to others every day with out even trying.  


For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others;for beautiful lips speak only words of kindness; and for poise walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Audrey Hepburn

1. Take a tourist family photo
2. Say thank you when you buy your lunch
3. Compliment a friend or co-worker
4. Call your grandparents just to say hi
5. Donate unwanted beauty products to women's charities

Can you come up with five more?




No comments:

Post a Comment