Ottawa | The Candy Store

Thursday 14 August 2014

in
Last night my boyfriend took me out to dinner at our favourite restaurant, The Works.  Classy, right?  I love their burgers and beachhouse sauce, and onion rings.  On the way from the car we passed an utterly adorable candy shop.  Of course, I had to take a peek.  

I love unique little local shops, and shops that take pride in how they present their product.  Sure, its just candy, but its pretty candy.  And that counts for something.

Located in Westboro (which is basically the Yonge and Eglinton of Ottawa), you can find them online here.

Since I don't think words will do justice to just how cute it is, enjoy these pictures:



I've never seen that many different types of malt balls.





How cute are these?  On a cupcake or even on a wedding cake!




Macaroons from Montreal


What I bought:
Salt Water Taffy, Chocolate Malt Balls, Macaroons, and Gummy Candy


Look at those!  Lemon and Chocolate.  These are the best macaroons I have ever had outside of Paris.

Take some time to check out the hidden gems in your city!  I have a few posts like this in mind for places in Toronto that I adore.


No comments:

Post a Comment