The Path To Rouge Renewal

Monday 11 August 2014

in
When I made Rouge status last year at Sephora it was a fluke.  An expensive fluke, but still a fluke.  It was a new program and I had no intention of spending $1000 at Sephora in one year (let alone 8 months!).  But being at the top has its perks, and now that I'm Rouge I don't want to go back!

This year I managed to renew my Rouge status in about May.  But now that I have almost everything a girl could want, I'm not sure how I will get there again!

This may be premature, and a bit silly, but here is my wishlist/plan t renew my Rouge!  This year I will be doing a fair bit of travelling, and am looking to build a permeant travel set of makeup to cut down on the stress of packing up every week.

Spending $1000 before taxes a year means spending $83.33 per month before taxes.

My Wish List:

TARTE Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush $42

I have heard great things about this brush!


Urban Decay Optical Blurring Brush $26

I use this brush daily!  But I am working on building a permeant travel bag and this would be the perfect addition.


Glamglow Bright Mud Eye Treatment $76

One sample got me hooked!


TARTE Lipstick in Plummy Rose $19

The perfect "my lips but better"


Ole Henriksen The Works Kit $60

Necessary for my permeant travel set


Bite Agave Lip Mask $30

Necessary for Canadian winters.


TOO FACED Teddy Bear Hair 5 Piece Brush Set $79
(Or another brush set)

Necessary for my travel set.


Hourglass Ambient Blush in Mood Exposure $41

<3


Bliss Fabulips Pout-O-Matic $58

Tried it.  Love it.


Maison MArtin Margiela "Replica" Flower Market $115

If happiness had a smell...


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette $67


Mark Jacobs Twinkle Pop in Stardust $35


Bite Agave Lip Mask in Champagne $30

To wear during the winter


Clinique Cheek Colour Balm in Amp'd Up Apple $24

For my permeant travel set.


In total my wish list comes to $702 meaning I need to wish for another $298 worth of makeup.  But by the time you account for picking up a new foundation when I run out and my skincare, making Rouge again shouldn't be an issue.

I won't be buying these all at once.  For example, fragrance is 3x the points (usually) around Mothers Day.  Those Bite Masks though...I need those ordered on January 1.  Of course, my wish list will grow and change as new products are released and as promos are on.  But this is my starting point!

2 comments:

  1. If you are able to, I'd suggest getting a PO box in the US near the border and order tarte from QVC. The brush you want comes with the foundation as a duo for only $38 :) The lipstick normally comes in a set for cheaper as well. If you don't have to renew the Rouge status right away, Sephora holiday stuff is out in October and I don't think it'd be hard to reach the amount then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to get a PO box there! Unfortunately its really tough from where I live to get there regularly. Sometimes I am ale to send things to a family member if they are coming to visit! Good tip on the sale! I've already renewed for this year, but I think next year I will put off some purchases for Christmas time. I love sephora's holiday sets. Can't wait until they come out!!

      Delete