DIY Z-Palette

Friday 25 July 2014

in
I thought I would be trendy and cool and make my own Z Palette.  Combining a bunch of online instructions, I used:

  • An Empty DVD Case
  • A Hot Glue Gun
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Old flat magnets
All I ended up doing was making a mess and ruining a few products I really love.  

I attempted this thinking I would cut down on packaging and use these products more.  

Basically I lined the DVD case with pretty paper, glued down some old magnets, glued on more pretty paper and hoped my metal pans would stick to it. 



What my final product looked like:


I cracked the light bronzer in my de-potting attempt.  


Here is the packaging I destroyed.  I was able to take in the MAC packaging in exchange for a free full sized lip stick.

Over all I was really frustrated with this project.  I thought it would be easy, but I had a lot of trouble getting the metal pans to stick to the magnets.  In theory this was a good idea, but it just didn't work out.  Every time I try to use the palette the pans slide around which is really tough to use.  It is also hard to store because the weak magnets mean it can only be stored flat.

I ended up ordering the Sephora Z-Palette Kit online for $35.  I plan to place my de-potted goods into the professionally made palette and to enjoy!

I can't wait for it to arrive.

To make today a bit better, here are some pretty flowers:



No comments:

Post a Comment