Living the LUSH Life

Sunday 6 July 2014

in
Every now and then when I want to treat myself I stop by Lush and I grab a few things that make me happy when I smell them.  Not often, but sometimes.  I don't personally care for their public advocacy campaigns, but they do make pretty good stuff.  And to me, that matters more.


I picked up two bars of soap in Rockstar (which smells like pink) and Honey I Washed The Kids (which smells like honey), and two fizzy bath bombs in Sakura and Sex Bomb.


Sakura in its white and blue glory.

"We take every opportunity to make each bath a special occasion, not a boring ritual. The best way to enjoy bath time is to make it fragrant, relaxing and slow - a reward for making it through the day. A LUSH Bath Bomb will suit the purpose (and we're not just saying that because we invented them). Welcome them into your bath water and surrender your naked body into their fragrant clutches" from www.lush.ca

Featured above is Sakura.  Sakura has a light fruity-floral scent that smells elegant and clean.  It fizzed up in the water pretty quick and did not really alter the colour of the water.  It just made it a bit milky?  It felt beautiful on my skin.  When I got out of my bath I felt wonderful, silky, and just perfect.  What a great treat after a long day!  

"When the blossoms burst forth in spring, it’s a tradition to take a picnic and bottle of sake and enjoy the beauty. Noriko, one of our product inventors, hails from Japan and this beautiful Bath Bomb represents what it’s like to be in a park while the breeze blows through the blossoms in the trees. Instead of heading to the park, lay back in serene waters while the gorgeous scents of mimosa and jasmine envelop you to give you the joyful feeling of springtime. Sakura: simple, elegant, and enduringly beautiful bathing."


My bath with Sakura in it.



Sex bomb.  I love the little rose in it!


"What’s in a name? When it comes to the Sex Bomb we take the moniker seriously. A must for any romantic bath, our world famous sphere of sex appeal contains all of Nature’s most potent and seductive ingredients to get you in the mood for a good… bath. Scintillating jasmine, clary sage and ylang ylang are powerful aphrodisiacs that are known to relax you as they warm your heart, and other body parts too. Soya milk makes the water milky, softening your entire body as you enjoy a luxurious soak with our best-selling Bath Bomb. Consider yourself warned."


So this turned my bath hot pink and made my whole bathroom smell incredible!  I loved how soft it made my skin after.  A perfect treat after a long day!  This one smells much more girly.  Not as "pink" as the Rockstar soap, more soft and feminine.



Sakura and Sexbomb together.

As for the soaps, Rockstar is bubblegum pink and smells like pink.  I love how it smells, but after using it my skin sometimes feels a bit dry, so I like to use lotion after.  Honey I Washed the Kids smells like soft, floral honey.  I find it leaves my skin less dry than Rockstar, but I still like to use lotion afterwards.

I love that their products are filled with yummy smelling good for you ingredients that really work.  Personally, I don't care if a product is vegan, or organic, or handmade.  But I do care if it works.  And every Lush product I have tried so far has worked!  I'm thinking on my next trip to Lush I will be a bit more adventurous and try something other than a bath bomb or soap.

I have used the lip scrubs, various bath products, and soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment