Julep August 2014: The Wanderlust Collection

Sunday 20 July 2014

in
Wanderlust.  That pretty much sums up how I feel in the summer.  And spring...fall...and winter.  I have been very blessed in travel this year (Ireland, Paris, Frankfurt, and Israel), and can't wait to head to Boston at the end of the summer with S.

I am a bit frustrated to be writing this post with out a full review of last month, or the month before that.  My Three Wishes Collection box was screwed up, and I only just received all of it.  I will be writing a post about it in the next few days.  As for my Poolside Collection?  It has yet to arrive.  Right now I am cashing out my points, and then I will be re-considering my membership.  Though, I have unlimited skips, so I might just skip a whole bunch of boxes in a row and hope Julep get's their shipping sorted out.


This collection is inspired by India, with rich jewel tones, and exotic sounding names.  They have cranked up the saturation on this collection, with out venturing into the neon territory (April).  Over all it is solid collection.  As usual, I am not much of a fan of the weird yellow-green shades they have been pushing lately, but the pinks and purples really draw me in.

This month is Julep Maven's 3rd Anniversary.  Now, personally, I would think that Julep would want to celebrate this with all Mavens.  Unfortunately, that is not the case.  They have released a pretty Stardust polish called "Queen Anne" which you can only get if you take one of their special anniversary boxes.  You can't add it on by its self.  You can't swap it in.  Nope.  None of that.  You have to order one of these non-customizable boxes full of old product:

Beauty Trailblazers:


Happy Mani-versary:

Now, its not to say that these are bad deals. However, for somebody who owns every item in each box except for the cuticle pusher...not worth it.  It is a real shame, I would love to be able to have the option to buy the Queen Anne polish.

The beauty item this month is lacklustre.  Not exciting, but useful and inoffensive.  They have released a new collection of their "Eye Gliders" in neutral tones.  Mavens can select one of the eyeliners to put in their box.  At first I was a bit sceptical, given that I have more than enough eyeliner.  However, in the end I decided that I don't have a shade in the "smoky plum" family...so why not!


As for my box this month:


Katie - Classic With a Twist
Tazeen - Bombshell
Sushmita - Classic With a Twist
Neha - Bombshell
Gel Eye Glider - Smoky Plum
Eye Sheen - Dusty Taupe Shimmer

I am on a 3 month subscription, so this box was pre-paid a while ago using a perk that brought the cost-per-box to less than $5.  I then used points to pay for one of the add-on polishes, so I will (thankfully) only be paying for 1 polish ($6.99) and the eyeliner ($9.99).  I think I am the most excited about Katie. Also, by selecting 3 add-ons I will be getting a free gift.  Here's to hoping that that gift is Queen Anne.  I would love to give that yo my grandma, since her name is Anne.

What do you think of this month's selection?  What colour are you most excited about?

No comments:

Post a Comment